Local Government Entities
There is increasing scrutiny into their financial well-being from members of their Boards, residents, funding sources, debt issuers, and lending institutions, as well as tighter budgets and the need for difficult resource allocation decisions. Tighe Kress & Orr, P.C., is aware of these challenges and have a clear understanding of how accounting, reporting and management issues affect the financial performance of local governmental entities.
Tighe, Kress & Orr, P.C. has extensive experience in serving municipalities, state agencies, counties, special districts, retirement systems, forest preserves, colleges, and various state agencies throughout Illinois. We understand the complex laws and compliance obligations imposed by various regulatory authorities. Tighe, Kress & Orr, P.C. has broad experience in providing quality audit services in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
Our services for Local Government Entities may include:
- Financial Statement Audits
- Single (A-133) Audits and Yellow Book Audits
- Information Returns
- Unrelated Business Income Tax Returns
- Improving client’s internal control policies and processes to reduce risks
- Assistance in obtaining the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Planning from GFOA.